The Mary MacKillop Foundation (MMF) is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of our supporters.
Types of personal information collected
- Name and date of birth
- Address and contact details
- Payment information for donations
- Information about any previous interactions you may have had with the Mary MacKillop Foundation
At all times it is your choice on how much information you would like to provide in your support of the Mary MacKillop Foundation, and you can change or access these details at any time. Please be aware, if you do not provide all the information requested, we may not be able to manage your support, process your donation or respond to your queries.
How we use supporter information
The Mary Mackillop Foundation takes the security and confidentiality of your personal details very seriously. We actively seek to ensure that all personal information we collect is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This is done through internal data protection and electronic data transmission procedures, and all donations and communications made online via our website are secure.
Personal information is sometimes supplied to, or collected by, contractors who perform tasks on our behalf (for example mailing houses that send our letters). Where personal information is held that is no longer needed, we will take reasonable steps to ensure the information is destroyed or de-identified
Accuracy of your personal information
You may ask us to update, correct or delete the personal information we hold about you at any time. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making any corrections to or deletion of your information. We also have obligations to take reasonable steps to correct personal information we hold when we are satisfied that it is inaccurate, out- of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading for the purpose for which it is held.
Opting out of direct marketing communications
Where we use your personal information to send you marketing materials by post or email we will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such information. By electing not to opt-out we will assume we have your implied consent to receive similar communications in the future. We will always ensure that our opt-out notices are clear and conspicuous.
- MMF may disclose personal information to ministries owned by MMF.
- MMF will take reasonable steps to ensure that its contracts with third parties include requirements for third parties to comply with the Use and Disclosure requirements of the Privacy Act.
- In the rare event that MMF is required to disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies or external advisors MMF will only do so in accordance with the Privacy Act or any other relevant Australian legislation.
This page was last updated in June 2015.
Lodging a query or complaint
Telephone: 02 8912 2720 or
By mail to:
Mary MacKillop Foundation
L6, 12 Mount Street
North Sydney NSW 2060
ABN 53 838 436 582