Thank you for thinking of raising funds for the Mary MacKillop Foundation. Every fundraising effort will help people across Australia who are currently pushed to the margins of society.
There are many ways to fundraise for the Mary MacKillop Foundation. You can come up with your own idea, or participate in an existing event that raises vital funds to help continue our work across Australia.
Here are some suggested steps to hold a successful fundraiser:
Step 1 – Contact us to complete an authority form to fundraise. Step 2 – To fundraise online, set your page up at Everyday Hero. Step 3 – Your supporters will love to hear of your efforts, so keep them updated. Step 4 – Send your collected donations by EFT, cheque, online through our Donation page or Everyday Hero.
We can help by promoting your event on Facebook and Twitter, promoting your event, and providing our logo.
Some ideas of activities you can organise:
- Donate your birthday
- In memoriam donations
- Anniversaries and celebrations
- Black tie ball or a dinner party or cocktail party
- Hold a high tea, morning or afternoon tea
- At school: Hold a sports day, a disco, a crazy hair day, mufti day, school fete, bake sale, read-a-thon, or a dress up day
- In the community: Have a car wash, a lemonade stand, a trivia night, sausage sizzle, movie night, or an exercise class
Run for the Mary MacKillop Foundation
Whether you’re a fun runner, a power walker or a marathon mover, we love seeing people give their time and effort and inspire others with their personal challenge.
Here are some upcoming runs:
- Sandy Point Half Marathon: 26 August
- 7 Sunshine Coast Marathon: 30 August
- Suncorp Bank Bridge: 30 August
- Blackmores Sydney Running Festival: 20 September
- Crust/Snap Spring Beach Classic: 18 October
- Noosa Triathlon: 1 November
- Sunday Age City2Sea: 15 November
- Canberra Marathon: 9 April
Our fundraisers are the heart of the Mary MacKillop Foundation.
People who raise funds for the organisation do so by inspiring others, telling a story about why they want to make a difference, and taking action to help people they may never meet. They show their innate kindness and compassion and this is what makes a better Australia for all.
Whether you are a fun runner, a baker, a tea party host, a lemonade stand operator, a car washer, mufti day organiser, sausage sizzler or ball attendee, we appreciate all your efforts and inspiration to so many others.