A brighter future, in your hands
“Be charitable, gentle and kind to one another.” – Mary MacKillop, 23.12.1873
Thank you for considering a bequest to the Mary MacKillop Foundation.
As we carry on the work began by Mary MacKillop, your gift can help create change for disadvantaged people in Australia lasting generations to come.
Our vision is that we can create connected communities where people help one another and where no person in Australia is marginalised.
How you can help
By leaving a gift in your Will, it is your opportunity to transform lives beyond your own.
A bequest is also a unique opportunity for you to play an important role in helping achieve a better Australia for the future – helping people when they need it most and changing lives for generations to come.
How to make a bequest
You don’t need to be wealthy to leave your legacy and helping those in Australia when they need it most. Every individual’s action helps to create a wave of change.
In a few simple steps you can arrange a bequest.
- Decide to update your will
- Email the suggested wording to solicitor
- The solicitor should email you back with the amended will
- Review the amendments are to your liking
- Sign the new will so that your wishes are legally binding
If you’d like to arrange to partner with the Mary MacKillop Foundation and leave a lasting gift through a bequest, please call us for a confidential discussion on 02 8912 2120 or Contact Us.
Why a bequest to the Mary MacKillop Foundation matters
The Foundation has had significant impact across Australia for 20 years and your bequest will make a world of difference
- Helping Australians when they need it most
- Supporting people who otherwise slip through the cracks, just as Mary did
- Making education and educative work a priority, just as Mary did
- Creating more connected communities
- Funding Indigenous tertiary scholarships that help to close the gap
- Partnering with organisations who meet a need in society
- Supporting people who are making an impact
Types of bequests
Bequests can be made in a variety of ways according to your personal situation and preferences. You may choose to bequeath:
- A residual gift: a share or whole of your estate after providing for family and friends.
- A percentage of the overall value of your estate, allowing for growth or depletion of the value of your estate.
- A specified sum of money that you leave to the Mary MacKillop Foundation.
- A gift of real estate, stocks, bonds, shares, artwork, jewellery etc.
Please see How to make a bequest for more information.
If you would like to transform the lives of marginalised people in Australia, please Contact Us or call us on 02 8912 2720 for a confidential chat.
How to make a bequest
Thank you for considering leaving a gift in your Will, a special opportunity to transform lives beyond your own.
It’s easy to make a bequest to the Mary MacKillop Foundation. You can either include the bequest when you write your Will, or simply add a codicil to your existing Will. In either case, you should seek professional advice from a legal adviser, to ensure your wishes are recorded in a legally binding way.
The correct wording for your Will
“I give to the Mary MacKillop Foundation, ABN 53 838 436 582
- a) All of my residuary estate OR
- b) __________Percentage of my residuary estate OR
- c) The sum of $ ____________OR
- d) (list asset or assets)
To be applied for the furtherance of its works (OR for the purpose of _____________(specify research area of your choice). I declare that the receipt of the Secretary or the Chief Executive Officer of the Foundation or other authorised officer will be a sufficient discharge to my executors and / or trustees without enquiring further as to the actual application of this bequest.”
Tell us your decision
Please Contact Us or call 02 8912 2720 to tell us about your decision, so that we can personally thank you for your actions which will help transform the lives of others and create lasting positive change.