What is Workplace Giving?
Workplace Giving is a simple, tax-effective way for employees to help the Mary MacKillop Foundation continue the legacy of Saint Mary MacKillop by making small, regular donations from pre-tax income through their employer’s payroll system.
Workplace Giving provides real benefits to employers, employees and vulnerable and marginalised Australians:
- Employers enjoy a low-cost way to enhance their corporate reputation in the community and build a sense of pride in employees by supporting a cause many people care deeply about.
- Employees receive an automatic tax deduction and don’t have to retain receipts until tax time.
- Charities get low-cost, regular funds, enabling us to plan ahead and make long-term commitments to providing grants to community groups for education-based projects, and scholarships to Indigenous people who wish to continue their education at a tertiary level.
Together through Workplace Giving, employers and employees can make a real difference supporting our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable and marginalised Australians through education.
How Workplace Giving works
Employees nominate an amount to be automatically deducted from their income each pay period. This amount is taken from the pay before tax is calculated which reduces the employee’s taxable income. Because there is no tax payable on the amount the employee forgoes, the benefit to the charity is maximised.
Donating with pre-tax income makes every dollar count even more.
Many businesses also boost the effect of their staff’s donations through gift matching, which is also tax-deductible.
Why Mary MacKillop Foundation
Mary MacKillop Foundation is the only organisation in Australia dedicated to continuing the legacy of Saint Mary MacKillop by improving the lives of vulnerable and marginalised Australians through educational grants and scholarships. Since 1995, we have funded 665 life-changing projects and supported 101 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander scholars to graduate from their tertiary education.
For further information or to discuss setting up a Workplace Giving program contact us on 02 8912 2710 or email email@example.com
Support the Mary MacKillop Foundation through Workplace Giving
Through a Workplace Giving program you can help make a difference to the lives of so many people in need while you go about your daily work.
With just a small pre-tax donation from your pay, you can help us continue the legacy of Australia’s only saint, Saint Mary MacKillop. Your support will improve the lives of hundreds of vulnerable and marginalised Australians through our community grants and Indigenous Tertiary Scholarship education programs.
It doesn't take much for employee giving programs to make an impact - in fact, you might not even notice the difference to your pay - but with your ongoing support through Workplace Giving, together we can reach so many people facing hardships now and in the future.
How Workplace Giving can benefit you
Workplace giving benefits employees by:
- Providing an immediate tax benefit by reducing your taxable income
- Donating from pre-tax salary means it only costs $34.25 to make a $50 donation*
- Removing concerns about record-keeping - employee donations are recorded on your pay slip
- Exercising flexibility and choice – you choose how much you’d like to donate each pay cycle, and which program you would like to support
- Receiving regular updates on how your donations are changing the future of hundreds of vulnerable and marginalized Australians
- Providing you the opportunity to support life-changing local educational initiatives through a trustworthy and transparent donation program
* Based on a marginal tax rate of 30% for taxable income between $25,001 and $75,000 and a Medicare Levy of 1.5%
How your support helps us
- Workplace Giving reduces the Mary MacKillop Foundation’s administration costs (only one donation is processed from each employer, and individual donation receipts are not necessary)
- This means more of your money can go to where it is needed most
- If your employer chooses to dollar-match their employee donations then your generosity will go even further
Become a Foundation workplace giver
Becoming a Foundation workplace giver is easy to do!
If your employer has a Workplace Giving program, you can begin your support today. Simply ask your Payroll Manager for a copy of your organisation’s Workplace Giving sign-up form, nominate your donation amount, and submit. Don’t forget to ask if your employer if they will dollar-match your donations to increase your combined impact on the community.
If your employer doesn’t have a Workplace Giving program, they can easily set one up. Your payroll department can find out about the Workplace Giving payroll process by visiting the ATO website or contacting a workplace giving program provider such as Good2Give to register.
Keep in touch.
Why choose Workplace Giving?
As a company, Workplace Giving has many benefits including:
- Powerfully demonstrating corporate social responsibility and a commitment to causes employees care deeply about
- Creating a more connected, passionate workplace, forging connections between management and staff
- Improving staff retention and making your company more desirable to job-seekers
- Showing investors, shareholders, employees and customers you care about creating a just country with equal opportunities
- Showing you are committed to staff interests and supporting those in need by matching staff donations
- Creating a cost-effective way to build long-term partnerships with charities
- Offering the opportunity to further engage with Mary MacKillop Foundation through community fundraising
What does being a Workplace Giving Partner with Mary MacKillop Foundation mean?
By choosing the Mary MacKillop Foundation as a charity partner of your Workplace Giving program, you are helping to reduce the Foundation’s administration costs. It is a clear investment in the community and offers a meaningful and integrated alignment to one of Australia’s most respected charities.
We can help you maximise staff engagement and morale by complementing your Workplace Giving program with regular updates and case studies on our Indigenous Tertiary Scholarship and community grants programs to promote to staff.
If you would like to include the Mary MacKillop Foundation in your existing Workplace Giving program, please contact us on 02 8912 2710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have an existing Workplace Giving program, you can contact a Workplace Giving program provider such as Good2Give to register, or set up your own where your company’s payroll team is responsible for contacting and providing donations to Mary MacKillop Foundation.